Betfair’s Free Sport Betting Business Model

Herald Home Форумы Форум 1 Betfair’s Free Sport Betting Business Model

Помечено: 

Просмотр 1 сообщения - с 1 по 1 (всего 1)
  • Автор
    brennasqe143
    Участник

I’ve been using Betfair for years now but it is only recently I’ve wondered just how much performs this company can certainly make? This question ‘s what has compelled me to create this short article. I will not receive copies of the accounts from companies house, the information will likely be all conjecture based on what I’ve acquired by using the site over time.

What has allowed me to ponder this question is the transparency in the Betfair site. If you consider traditional bookies including WilliamHill, Ladbrokes or Betfred, what you have no idea on any particular sporting event is the thing that continues to be bet as a whole as well as on what particular outcome these bets were placed.

Take an everyday Friday afternoon race meeting at say Ascot. It’s the 2.30 and 5 horses are racing; the punters are logging onto one of many traditional bookmakers websites and backing various horses. The outcome is the second favourite winning, we’ve got no idea whether individuals were backing the outsider or favourite, the amount was bet, and what kind of assist the bookmaker made.

Now think about the same race with Betfair. The total amount exchanged for that race is offered at the top of the page, this really is typically about A�200,000 for the standard horse race. Now we realize that Betfair have a commission on all winnings, and then for every bet exchanged you will find there’s winner, so they’re taking their 5% regardless of the result — about A�10,000 in such cases.

So now to get a quick little ‘back of fag packet’ maths. Approximately 40 races a day generating A�10,000 each is A�400,000 per day one week a week, that’s 2.8 million pounds weekly. Throw in the bigger meetings knowning that rounds up to state 3 million, 5% that is A�150,000.

Now consider the Premiership football season. At least 12 games every week generating between A�200,000 plus a million pounds in exchanged bets, make average and work out the 5% commission which’s another A�350,000. On top of this you have the lower league and foreign games that must generate another A�100,000 in commission so we’re up to Half a thousand pounds per week in revenue.

Bear planned that you could (and people do) bet on everything, golf, sbobet cricket, tennis, boxing, champions league football, International soccer, as well as gaming. I’m needs to visit the conclusion that they must be getting weekly revenue in the millions, of course, if it’s only A�3 million every week, that’s over 150 million per year.

I admit to presenting not a clue if my workings are drastically wrong here, and when Betfair actually has annual revenue of A�1million or A�1billion. Neither do I have a solid idea of what their legal fees, IT costs etc amount to. What I do see is always that unlike traditional bookmakers the result of the sporting event doesn’t have effect on their revenue.

To this end their main aim will be to just recruit numerous customers as you possibly can, which poses the question; using the numerous online bookies on the market offering free introductory bets of up to and in more than A�100, then why do Betfair only offer A�30. That may be the topic of my next article.

Просмотр 1 сообщения - с 1 по 1 (всего 1)
  • Для ответа в этой теме необходимо авторизоваться.
Авторизация
Войти с помощью: 

code

Войти с помощью: 
Генерация пароля